I was looking forward to this exercise a kind of walk through our garden with the different varieties of trees. I went for pencil as I didn’t have so much chance to work with it in the previous part of the course.
At the end I decided to draw the willow tree in ‘negative’ form as it was standing in front of a dark background of conifers.
- I enjoyed to move with the pencil along the shapes of the trees
- It really helped me to focus first on the overall shapes and than move slowly to the major shapes within
- As it is still winter time, it was easier to see the major branches of the tree
- I liked to ‘negative’ draw in front of a black/dark background. This really changed the visual effect of the tree, it seems to come closer to the viewer
- No foilage, so waiting for spring to come and for me to draw more.