I continued with trying a few sketches in graphite, ink (for his ease of use on the road) and gouache for overlay.
My goal: to find the most important edges for form and atmosphere.
- A combination of line and tone is an appropriate way to depict form and atmosphere (washes)
- Use of gouache helps to ‘hide’ forms and to merge them with the surrounding space.
- Understanding and focusing on the most important edges gives a more interesting picture (ambiguous?). This raises other questions as glow, contrast etc.
– Push more: Detail vs indicative
– Push more: Darkness vs mid-tone around key edges
– Experiment with lightness and glow
=> visit exhibition of Silvia Gertsch/Xeres Ach “Embracing Sensations” in Bern, Switzerland
– Continue with other material and elaborate translucent drawing.