As further elaboration of my previous re-called sensational drawings (Schaffeld, weblog post Dec 2015) I planned for larger scale drawings. I recorded my drawing process and my articulated thoughts alongside it on video-audio for my own reference.
- I started with a re-called sensation of touch and auditory in chalk, feeling the moment of drawing, the touch of the material, and my emotional and bodily response to it.
- With some cut-outs of tracing paper I added an additional layer by intention, the form of pebbles and to re-call touch sensations
- Continuing with my markings, the flow, the surface textures
- Visual perception, forms and images are built
- Applying a shellac solution to create atmosphere of ancient time.
- To avoid getting side tracked by compositional thoughts too soon, I rotated the paper (see remarks from Deborah Harty, 2012)
- Glueing tracing paper on top to enforce levels of experience and an raising awareness of edges and crossing boarders. Like another world of the pebbles and me.
- Adding white pigment (dust, space, atmosphere) and building forms, images of pebbles (indicative)
- Tearing-off (dé-collage) part of the tracing paper, experiement how a window opens and keeping it.
- Especially the second drawing #10 brought me to a new area and experience of drawing. Expressive, abstract, with bodily and physical awareness. I used collage and de-collage techniques to a meaningful and integrative way. With this learning I will continue with my assignment work.