In preparation of my final drawings for this assignment, I am doing a few sketchbook studies on markings.
Goal for this: To feel with strong bodily awareness the tactile sensations of making various markings.
- Touch & pressure: a light hovering over the surface makes me feel stronger the irregularities
- Speed: my markings do change if I make them fast or slow
- Disruption: being interrupted by external factors (e.g. someone is talking to me) leaves light traces
- Repetition: repetitive marking especially parallel markings lends to stronger attentive awareness (meditative) – reminds me of Agnes Martin
- Distance: holding the pencil at the end makes the markings less controllable
- Delineation: crossing drawn edges feels disruptive in the moment (concept?)
=> I will take those learnings from a very small scale up for my assignment drawings. Feeling the irregularities of the surface of the moment of drawing, re-calling sensation I experienced before, and combining those in pictorial image.